St Monica's Nursery is a charitable, not-for-profit, early years nursery. As such we must have a committee of Trustees. Our Trustees are all unpaid volunteers who give up their own time to support and take accountability for our nursery.
Their purpose is:
To set out the charity’s direction; promoting its charitable purposes, upholding its values and delivering its goals. Work as part of a team with the other trustees in all matters to ensure the effective management and administration of the charity, in line with the charity’s governing document, policies, procedures and relevant legislation. Employ and manage staff to provide successful and high quality childcare provision.
Their main tasks are:
- To act in the best interests of the charity and its beneficiaries at all times and to avoid and declare situations that may lead to a conflict of interest.
- To prepare for and attend meetings; contributing to the successful leadership of the charity and to the implementation of effective systems to manage the finances, administration, employees and activities of the charity.
- To contribute to the recruitment and effective management of a team of qualified early years practitioners to take charge of the day-to-day running of the childcare provision; ensuring that high standards of care and education are provided and that the Early Years Foundation Stage requirements are met.
- To ensure effective procedures are in place to safeguard and protect the welfare of the children in the care of the charity and check that all adults that work with the children are suitable.
- To oversee the implementation of the charity’s Equality and Diversity policy, working with staff and volunteers to remove barriers to inclusion for all children and families.
- To liaise with the charity employees, advisers and other agencies as necessary to ensure all statutory and legal requirements relevant to the activities and governance of the charity are implemented, all operations are carried out in accordance with the governing document and the charity is appropriately insured for any risks or liabilities.
- To contribute to the timely filing of all statutory forms and documents for the charity.
- To undertake reasonable duties in accordance with the charity’s business plan and objectives.
Meet our Trustees;
Mrs. Clare Wadsworth - Chair of Trustees
Mrs. Helen Kavanagh - Treasurer / Parent
Mrs. Joanna Ducker - Trustee
Mrs. Helen Louise Nolan O’Mahony - Trustee / Link to School